Pages

Follow Like The Sound :

LikeTheSound - Supporting all good music - Greatness prevails - Follow us on * Twitter * Facebook * YouTube *

Wednesday 7 December 2011

Exclusive : Arrival N Departure by Nycest Emcee - Track by track

Arrival N Departure is the brand new album by LikeTheSound's favourite North Carolina Hip Hop and Rap artist Nycest Emcee. And what's more, it is produced by K Slack, the producer whose work is so consistently finely tuned, it's hard not to feel excited before you have even opened your ears to what you are about to receive.
I'm long overdue in catching up with Nycest Emcee, so lets waste no more time and find out what's been happening with Arrival N Departure. Track by track ...



I asked Nycest Emcee about the title of the new album? He told me "Well the title of the album (Arrival N Departure) I came up with because it explained my thought process heading into it. This was to be the one album that I was going to do. It was really a thank you to all the people that have supported me in music over the years. I have to give thanks to Kathy Ceglowski (photography), Zahrah Designs, K Slack, and King James II.

Arrival N Departure opens with the excellent  Spread My Wings : "This song kind of summed up the entire album to me. I was coming back to the mic having been disappointed with alot of the stuff I've been hearing lately. K Slack sent me this beat and I immediately called him with this idea. I wanted to blend Hip Hop and my faith together over a beat that was HARD."

Oh Baby : "I must admit, I love the ladies. My friends often tease me about being a "charmer". So I wanted to make a song for the ladies because they deserve it. Once this song was finished many people said this was going to the first single that would make it."

Frenemies (ft K Slack) : "Nuff said."

We Don't Care (ft Rah Digga) : "It's not everyday that you get a chance to work with a legend. This song began to write itself once the okay was given. I can't thank her enough for all the help she gave me to make this song what it is. Love Rah Digga!"

Damage Is Done (ft Alexis Jones) : "This song is so important to me. In society we often make decisions without giving thought to the long term consequences of those decisions. So I wanted to write a song that showed people that you can't always undo what you've done. Alexis Jones did a great job of capturing the emotion on the song with her incredible voice."


That Hip Hop : "You'll never find a more dangerous emcee, if Charles Manson was hosting your ceremony." No Hip Hop album is complete without a track that allows the artist to unleash a furry of punch lines. 2pac is my favourite emcee so the sample just help get me going on this track."

Green Light (ft Rutger Ruckus and Jey Davis) : "The beat was made by my homie Young Deniro. He used to send me beats every week. Once he sent this one I was instantly in love with it. My homie S. Black came up with the hook. For the song itself I wanted to get some emcees that I felt were hungry. So I met Rutger Ruckus at a competition we both were in (which he won). I knew I had to get him on this track. Jey Davis I met at her job. She referred me to her page on bandcamp.com. I could hear the hunger in her songs and knew she was the one that would complete this song."

I am Nycest : "Ahhhhh, me and my kids favourite song. This song I wrote to give people a better understanding of who I am as a person as well as an artist. The beat was actually made as an inside joke between me and Slack. I had so much fun making this song and I just hope people appreciate as such."

Danger (ft Royce da 5'9 and K Slack) : "Exactly what the title says. This is the hardest song on the entire album. So I linked up with the hardest emcees to make it. Royce Da 5'9" and K Slack got on this track and just killed it. I think the chemistry we have on that song says something about all three of us. Not the type of guys you want looking for you."

Leslie : "Once again Young Deniro on the beat. My wife heard this beat and loved it. So I wrote this as a thank you to her. She is my biggest supporter. None of this is possible with out her."

The Family (ft Alexis Jones) : "Just a fun track dedicated to my family. We may not always see eye to eye but the love is always there. I love them all and wanted them to know it. Once again Alexis Jones put the cherry on top of this good old fashioned apple pie."

~*~
Nycest Emcee's Arrival N Departure is Hip Hop at it's greatest, exceeding all the hungry punchlines, honesty and charm you desire, complete with the luxurious production I have grown to trust upon from K Slack.

 
LikeTheSound will be chasing up Nycest Emcee for some more chat in an exclusive interview where we can get to know the man behind the name and the music.


Follow on Twitter

LikeTheSound also Recommends :

Enjoy real music and Show your support


LikeTheSound - Supporting all good music - greatness prevails -


2 comments:

  1. s beat manufacturing would be the development regarding hiphop new music. Current hiphop manufacturing employs samplers, sequencers, drum equipment, synthesizers, turntables, as well as dwell instrumentation.
    exclusive rap beats

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope it would be an amazing departure and arrival for you, thanks for sharing ths trip with us.
    cheap airport parking
    manchester airport parking deals

    ReplyDelete

Artists

If you would like to appear on Like The Sound, send your video's, photo's and press releases to Addolorata1977@yahoo.co.uk
Greatness will prevail in all cases.